Tuesday 26 November 2013

A circlet of Snowdrops.....

.......form the basis of this weeks make for Creative Expressions.  Using the Snowdrop stamp from the Winter Flowers plate I stamped a circlet of snowdrops by stamping one image, masking it off, rotating the paper slightly and stamping another one......



Once I'd completed the circle I painted them with Distress Paints...Pine Needles and Shabby Shutters.....


Then I trimmed it up to form a square topper, rounded the corners shaded the edges with Shabby Shutters and matted it onto a slightly larger piece of dark green card and then onto a white card base, rounding the corners of each as I went. To add a sentiment to the centre I cut a scalloped circle using a Spellbinders die out of the dark green card and then a slightly smaller one out of white onto which I stamped 'Happy Birthday'.  To finish I added a bow made of some white organza which I had in my box, topped it with a dazzler and then highlighted the edges of the snowdrops with a little Stickles glitter for a bit of frosty, wintery sparkle.




Thanks for stopping by.....

Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Pam, love the circle of snowdrops, lovely idea. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kewl idea Donna, fab card! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by