Wednesday 1 April 2015

Use Kraft...

...is the new theme over at Country View Challenges. I often use Kraft card, it's such a versatile and easy card to work with so this was a fun challenge.  For this make I've used one of my favourite techniques, combining Kraft with gesso and embossing it...
I started off by painting a square of Kraft card with gesso and then using a mixture of the stamps from the Textures Collection by Crafters Companion added some stamping around the edges...
...then I embossed it with the Hessian Embossing Folder from the same Textures Collection.  Once I'd embossed it I sanded it back to reveal some of the Kraft card showing through the gesso, then I caught the edges with some silver gilding wax...
I mounted this onto a Kraft card blank and then set about sorting out the flowers etc.  I used Sheena's Wild Rose stamp set and matching die from her Perfect Partners collection and cut and stamped them from some more gessoed Kraft and some plain Kraft card.  The ones which had been painted with gesso I also lightly sanded back...
Next I stamped some words onto bits of Kraft, cut them out and roughed up the edges a bit. Then I just arranged and glued everything in place to finish.
Why not pop over to the challenge blog and join in the fun, you could be in with the chance of winning a £20 voucher :)

Donna xx

6 comments:

  1. Am loving the new Crafters Companion Textures stamps and embossing folders, haven't got the hessian folder yet but i did get three of the others which i haven't played with, must rectify this very soon. Wonderful card, your choice of colour palette is wonderful and very inspiring :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage sepia of your kraft card with the soft creams and ivories - so pretty... as are the flowers - terrific card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Donna, and definitely a technique I will be trying xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the gesso on kraft and the lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - stunning work here. Thanks for sharing how it was made. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and inspiring, really caught my eye. great use of Kraft card. thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by