Sunday 16 June 2013

All things Masculine......

......is our theme this week over on Sunday Postcard Art, as it's Fathers Day here in the UK we thought it would be the perfect time to celebrate all things male!  Actually managed to do two postcards this week....(really will have to lie down in a darkened room after such exhausting activity!).....the first is very vintage in feel.  Background is a mixture of distress and spray inks, then I've used some old BLine stamps I've had for years for the car ads and the handsome young gentlemen is actually a cut out photo of my great uncle Bill who was born in 1899.  Added a little extra stamping and embossing around the edges.


 
I've used a digi stamp for the main image on my second postcard and along with some conventional stamping on a lovely shimmery background.  Took the photo with flash to try and capture some of the shimmer (cosmic shimmer sprays).  The digi stamp is from The Octopode Factory.

 
 
Well Happy Fathers Day to all dads out there :) One more quick pic before I go, thought I'd better make a quick Fathers Day card for my own Dad.......had to be along conventional lines so dug out some images of Wellington produced by DoCraft and put together this little quickie.......
 
 
 
Donna xx  

10 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic artwork here

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect sample for the challenge and the octopode card is fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab postcards! loving the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful creations! One more beautiful than the other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolut fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great creations. Especially love the background on Boys and their Toys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, boys and their toys, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog header. And I like the first card a lot, it's right up my vintage alley. Love Uncle Bill's pompadour (or whatever it was called on a guy lol) he was a hottie!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by