Sunday 3 May 2015

Another little scene....

....for the Country View Challenge 'Simply Scenic' challenge. Now I went all warm and sunny for my first make so for this one I've used similar elements but changed the colours for an end of day scene with maybe just a little frost in the air....just catching the branches and the hills as the bird soars high above the fields.....
The technique is pretty much the same as my first card; first I stamped the images (Sheena's Perfect Partner stamp range) to create the scene, added the wash of colours using AquaTints and then added highlights and a moon by damping areas with a damp paintbrush and blotting with a bit of kitchen towel.  I also flicked on tiny spots of water and blotted to give the look of the first signs of stars in the evening sky....
I used the black AquaTint to fill in the tree and to paint a bit of a ground line across the bottom to 'plant' the tree firmly to the picture, also darkened the edges with some black soot distress ink...... 
To add a bit of a frame I used Sheena's Wildflower and Shady Meadow stencils.  Then stamped the wording and the bird before adding a few extra highlights on the tree using a white pen.

Why not pop over to the challenge blog, join in the fun and create your own scenic creation :)

See you again soon
Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Donna. Gorgeous colours and fab stamping.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Just found your blog. Could you pls tell me what aquatint is? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by