Tuesday 10 December 2013

Anyone for skating?

Bought a new die a few weeks ago (well actually bought one or two!!) and I'm using it on my second piece for the Country View Crafts challenge. I started off by cutting out a tag from a sheet of backing card I'd made ages ago using various mica and ink sprays.


Then I added some stamped swirls and snowflakes which I embossed with a mixture of white and silver embossing powder, I also added some white embossing around the whole edge of the tag. Using my new die I cut the Ice Skates out of some white card and shaded them with a little Black Soot distress ink and then 'laced' them up with some narrow silver cord. Then I cut a large snowflake using one of Spellbinders Create a Flake sets and layered it up. Also cut a few smaller flakes using a Tattered Lace die. Before assembling everything I stamped a little sentiment, cut it out and embossed the edges with some silver embossing powder. Then I glued everything in place and finally added some Stickles glitter glue to the snowflakes to make them really twinkle like ice.





Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that background Donna. It works really well behind the skates. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous tag... Love the background it works perfectly with everything Px

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by