Tuesday 3 December 2013

Time for a play with some new stamps.......

......this month on the Creative Expressions DT we've been given the new 'Henna' range of single stamps to play with (they come singly but I've laminated an A4 sheet to store them on).....


I'm in Christmas mode at the moment so I've made a festive tag using one of the large circles.  Started by creating a background with some distress paints (Festive Berries, Aged Mahogonay, Pine Needles and Tarnished Brass), by dabbing the colours onto a non stick craft sheet then spritzing with water and then pulling a sheet of white card backwards and forwards through it.  Doesn't look much to start with but just aiming to get some mixed colours onto the paper at the moment.....


Then I stamped one of the fancy circles...Henna Mosaic... a couple of times and embossed them in white...

 
Then I cut them out and folded them up.....point to point, for every point....and then cut along one of the folds to open out........

Repeat with the other stamped image and stick the two together to form a medallion...


Then  I cut a tag shape out of some white card, stamped and embossed some more of the Henna Mosaic and embossed again in white and then coloured whole tag with Fired Brick and Pine Needles Distress Ink using a bit of Cut 'n' Dry. Then I glued on the medallion but not before edging it with some glitter and adding a jewel to the middle. The tag was finished off with a stamped sentiment (from the Winter Flower set), a couple of die cut swirls (Die D-Lites Fantastic Flourish 1), a few pearls and a nice bow at the top.





Thanks for stopping by,
Donna xx







9 comments:

  1. Love your tag, the colors are gorgeous!! The white embossing is stunning isn't it!! I have some ornaments I am doing with them that look similar, lol to your medallion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Donna. When I saw your second picture(background) I thought you were going to tell us that you had a little helper painting lol but then you went on to explain stamping with white etc They are a lovely set of stamps without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I simply MUST have these stamps! Beautiful project Donna. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Donna, striking colours and I love the rosette you created. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag!! Lovely work and creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful, Donna! I thought you'd used a Tim die but it's the stamped image folded - genius!

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by