Friday 11 July 2014

Masks, Stencils, Templates......

....that's the theme for the new challenge over at the That's Crafty Challenge blog.  Well for my piece I've created a little something for myself , a recycled tin can to keep all those 'need to have at hand' bits that are usually lying all over the table and on my mat as I'm working..................not now............they now have a new home.....

I started off with an empty tin can.....
..then painted it with Decoart Multi Surface Paint. First gave it a base coat of White (Cotton ball) then when that had dried a mixture of Lemon Zest, Coastal Waters and Chartreuse. Then I used Blue Bird through That Special Touch's Doodle Square mask.  
Then I cut a strip of calico and using the same mask sponged toning colours of the Decoart So Soft fabric paint onto the fabric........this fabric paint is so easy to use and as the name suggests does leave the fabric feeling soft.  
I put a few very tiny spots of Cosmic Shimmer glue around the middle of the can and wrapped the fabric round.  Then I wound some plain string round and finished off by gluing some buttons ....... hid the join!! Well I'm honest! Anyway hope you like my little recycling project and do make sure you pop over to the That's Crafty Challenge and join in the fun......you might even win yourself £20 to spend on the website :)

Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. A great and useful little project Donna, beautifully done. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by