Tuesday 1 April 2014

All squared up.....

...for this weeks card for Creative Expressions....


So I started by placing an aperture template (That Special Touch Patchwork Set 1) onto a blank piece of white card. If you want to be sure of it not moving you could lightly spray the reverse with some repositionable adhesive but I lived dangerously!
So then I blended Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks through the apertures. Once the colour was added I splashed a little water onto the surface and blotted and then added a little background stamping using the Alpha Writing background stamp and the chequerboard stamp from the Vintage Flight set.
Once I was happy with the background it was time to keep my fingers crossed that the mask hadn't moved! 
Once I'd trimmed the background down I stamped and embossed the Botanical Spray stamp in black in three places. 
 Then I mounted it onto some black card and then onto a white card blank, to finish off I added a little Happy Birthday sentiment.

 See you again soon...
Donna xx

4 comments:

  1. A kewl make Donna, great background technique. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Donna I "need" that mask lol. Been meaning to say love Brock he looks adorable although bet he is a handful too!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Donna. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inky background and I love all the stamping too. I recently won a set of these from the lovely Miss Pixie and thought great for snippets - definitely have a dumb moment - off to play with them and my inks lol! Thank you for the inspiration Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by