Tuesday 1 April 2014

New Beginnings.....

.....is the new theme for this months challenge at Country View Crafts. After thinking about what I would do for this theme I decided to use a quote that summed up the theme and this particular quote is pretty apt for me because I've been forced into trying to make a new beginning......so think I'll be keeping this quote in my head for awhile......
I started off with cutting a tag inking it up with Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks and then running it through my Big Shot with the Damask Texture fade. I've actually used the debossed side as my 'right' side, and to highlight the texture a little more I lightly blended a bit of Pumice Stone distress over the top.
Then I stamped the quote onto a little piece of card, cut a flower using the Tattered Florals die and some leaves using the Spring Greenery die and coloured everything up with more distress ink. Then simply glued everything together......the centre of the flower was simply made by adding a hand cut and rolled rose.
Thanks for stopping by
Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful tag Donna, the flower is fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed that verse today! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great quote and a fabulous tag loving the texture on the background.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by