Tuesday 11 February 2014

A little bit of sparkle on a dull morning.....

.........

For this weeks make for Creative Expressions I've used both of the background stamps we were given to play with along with a Heartfelt Creations stamp set and a few Spellbinders dies.

Started by getting inky with some Distress Inks - Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac and a little Seedless Preserves - I simply blended the colours onto a piece of white card using some cut'n'dry foam and then very randomly stamped bits of the Swirl Background stamp with the Seedless Preserves distress ink.


Then I did the same thing using the Fern Background stamp on another bit of card which I'd inked up with Peacock Feathers distress ink only.......this was to use as a bit of card to cut some leaves from later.


Then using the Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die I cut a piece of white trellis, cut some leaves from my previously created green background card using Spellbinders Foliage die set.  Then I took the Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur Stamp set and stamped it a couple of times before cutting out the flowers (I know there's a die to do this but unfortunately I don't have it!) which I coloured with Shaded Lilac distress ink. Then it was simply a matter of assembling.......I cut part of the lattice away to give it an uneven edge and glued in place on the background, then arranged and glued the flowers in position.  I stamped a sentiment and cut it out using one of the dies from the Spellbinders Adorning Squares set which I then glued in place.  To finish I added some glitter to the flowers using some Stickles glue.


See you next week for some more Creative Expressions fun.

Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. The colours and elements go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, what a Stunning Card I love the techniques that you have used, the Fabulous Background, and those Awesome Flowers, a Truly Fantastic Card
    Love and hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by