Tuesday 18 March 2014

Perfume Bottle time.....

....in the form of this weeks card creation for Creative Expressions.
Right so a quick how I did it......first to create the background I used the Scented Corner stamp along with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink for a bit of very random stamping.....and I do mean random! Then I just shaded the edges a little.
Then I stamped the Engraved Elegance bottle onto a piece of white card cut with the Spellbinders Gold Labels Four die and embossed it with Denim Lilac embossing powder. I added a little colour using some more Shaded Lilac
I created the backing paper to make the roses in the same way as above but this time I coloured the paper with Shaded Lilac before stamping. 
Didn't use a die to make the roses but hand cut them instead. In case you haven't done rolled roses I thought I'd put in a few pics to show how I did them (apologies if you can do these in your sleep!!). So first roughly cut a circle... 
Then cut into a spiral....... 
Then roll the spiral up either with your fingers or with a quilling tool if you prefer. Then a nice big dollop of glue, I used Cosmic Shimmer, and glue into place.....you will probably need to hold it a few seconds but the cosmic shimmer grabs quite quick...... 
Then die cut some leaves using Spellbinders foliage dies and assemble all the pieces together to make your card.......

See you again soon 
Donna xx



2 comments:

  1. Love mono work and this is beautiful in blue! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by