Friday 30 May 2014

A bit of Texture.....

....for my piece for the That's Crafty Challenge where this fortnight we're being asked to use Texture Paste in our creations.  I've done a door hanger for my offering using the required texture paste and my obsession of the week a stamp from the Time Traveller stamp set.......
So here's a quick how to.....started off by giving the blank door hanger a quick coat of gesso and then added the first bit of texture with some clear texture paste through the Crafters Workshop Mini Specimen Template. When that was dry I gave it a light coat of Evergreen Bough distress paint, which I let dry slightly then wiped some of it off to give a more faded appearance.
Then for the next layer I used some copper texture paste through a brick mask, instead of waiting for it to dry I used a heat gun to dry it.......letting the past bubble slightly as it dried.......I really like the extra texture it gives.
Then I added some shading around the edges with Pumice Stone distress ink, and a bit of stamping with a text stamp....

Then I just added my stamped and coloured figure (coloured with Promarkers) and some words from the Paperboy set by Artistic outpost.

Thanks for stopping by and do pop over and join in the challenge at That's Crafty.

Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Donna! You might want to enter it into the challenge over at 'A Vintage Journey' ( http://www.vintagejourney.com/ ) as their challenge is about texture. >;o) Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by