Tuesday 6 May 2014

Colourful Daisies...

...on this simple little stamped card for Creative Expressions this week.....
I started off by stamping the single daisy from the Daisy Spray set a couple of time onto a scrap bit of paper and then cut them out to make a couple of masks.  Then I started stamping the same daisy onto a piece of white card, using the masks as I went to allow me to stamp one flower over the top of another. Once they were stamped I squidged (technical term don't you know!!) some distress ink onto my craft mat to enable me to use it as a paint by applying it to the flowers using a damp paintbrush.  The colours I used were Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed for the flowers and for the stems/leaves it was Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed.

Once they were painted I gave them a quick zap with the heat gun to dry them and then sponged on a very light amount of Salty Ocean before inking up the Botanical Spray stamp with a bit of Mowed Lawn and randomly stamping it around the edges. Layered it up onto a piece of pink card then before mounting onto a white card blank. Then I finished it off with a sentiment from the Winter Flowers set.

Donna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for stopping by