Friday 16 May 2014

Crafting with Kraft.....

.....for the latest challenge over on the That's Crafty Challenge Blog.....basically the challenge is to use Kraft card in your project. I've created a notebook for my entry......
I started off by lightly painting some Kraft card with Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress Paint, then dried it off and embossed it with Sheena Douglass's Maple Leaf folder from the Little Bit Oriental range. Then I cut it up and glued it onto a couple of chipboard covers, before adding a bit of stamping, blending on a bit of Pumice Stone distress ink to darken the edges and then gently rubbing on a little gold gilding wax to highlight the texture.

For the picture element I used Artistic Outpost's Generation Redux plate and stamped the images onto more Kraft card using a mixture of distress ink and black memento ink. Having created a couple of stamped panels I layered them up with a bit of paper from an old book and glued the whole lot to one of the covers. Then to finish it off and turn it into a book I used my Bind It All. Ooh almost forgot I also added a bit of glossy accents to her glasses!

Do pop over to the challenge blog and join in the fun :)

Donna xx


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous creation Donna and so full of gorgeous texture and colour.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by