Monday 29 September 2014

A box of Poinsettias....

...for my last make of this month using the new Sue Wilson Christmas Dies.
These pop up boxes are pretty simple to make but make an impressive show.
To make the box I took an A4 piece of card and scored at 7cm,14cm, 21cm and 28cm and then cut as shown in photo below.
Then I cut myself some panels slightly smaller than the side panels of my box and using the Elegant Poinsettia die and some Distress Ink (mowed lawn and barn door) I created the decorative panels for my box
Once these were done I matted them  onto some gold card and then glued them in place onto the flaps and sides. Once they were in place i glued the box together. Next I cut a couple of small strips of card approximately 2cm x 9cm and scored each one 1cm from each end. These I then glued inside the box as shown.
Then I simply stamped and gold embossed the Elegant Poinsettia multiple times, cut them out, coloured with distress inks, layered them up and put a little gem in the centre. Once the flowers were made I stuck each one onto a thin strip of acetate and then arranged and glued them into place.
Finished it off by adding a couple of flowers and a stamped greeting to the front flap.
Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. your popup box is beautiful,i am going to make it as my christmas cards

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by