Tuesday 23 September 2014

A little shabby chic Christmas

.....for this weeks Creative Expression make using the new Sue Wilson Christmas stamps and dies with a dusky pink, green and copper colour scheme.
To create the background I dragged a mixture of Penny Copper and Aurora Sparkle Texture paste over a Moroccan mask by That Special Touch.....
For the flower I stamped the Elegant Poinsettia several times and embossed with a gold embossing powder, then using the classic poinsettia die I cut them out.  I then coloured each layer with a mixture of Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint Distress Ink, before gluing together to create my flower....

I then layered up my backing sheet onto a piece of green card and wrapped a piece of crinkled organza ribbon around the bottom before gluing in place on a card blank. Then I tied a bow and placed it over the ribbon before gluing the poinsettia in place on top of the bow. To finish off I added some pearl swirls, which I coloured with a Promarker to match the card, and a stamped sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by :)
Donna xx


1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, just to say I love this gorgeous card! Just beautiful xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by